Monday, June 11, 2012

My Little Pony Cakes

This weekend, we celebrated the birthdays of both of my nieces, Nevaeh who turned 4 and Amara who turned 1.

Amara of course is much too young to pick a theme or design (or really care), so Nevaeh's wish was a My
Little Pony theme. Purple and pink were her requests. I was on it.

Since I only have one child- who happens to be a rough and rowdy 100% boy- I get overly excited when shopping for the girls. Frilly things, glitter, dolls with big eyes, and pastels instead of primary. So naturally, I wanted this cake to be as girly and pretty as possible.

I decided on a 2-tier cake for Vaeh with the bottom tier being a chocolate fudge cake with homemade chocolate buttercream frosting, and the top being half strawberry and half funfetti (again, I wanted girliness galore) with a homemade whipped cream frosting. I used a little cream cheese so it would set and be sturdy enough to hold the fondant. I made a mini cake for Amara, in the same flavors as Vaeh's top tier.

I hope you enjoy it as much as my adorable nieces did! (We took the pictures after arriving at the park so I apologize for the background being busy).




No comments:

Post a Comment